Saturday 23 May 2009

The reasons I love magic.

I see magic as a art form. Like any other art form there the need to understanding behind what your doing. This can involve the research in many field not just the history of magic. For example i have loved dice since I was a kid I am now developing a dice routine. As well searching the magic books I have also looked at the history of dice and including stories of dice loaders and scoundrels in to my routine. So this exploring other interest and learning more about what's around us is great.

The second thing is exploring what's around me understanding the environment I am in. For example at festivals I like to either be loud and showy or sat down under a tree nice and slow and calm. I bars it about chatting and laughing then leaving with a loud reaction. Not only am I exploring the environment but I want the people to explore as well throw my magic. One place i do is a cabaret night and a feel that I take people away from work mode to a position of something else something creative and enjoyable. So the understanding of people and what's around me is something I enjoy.

I often say to other magicians enjoy your magic and let others enjoy it as well. I just love it when your doing magic and some watch just forget about what's going on in the mad world. To see some that leave smiling fells compiled to speak to me and show a interest in what i do is a great pay back for all the practice I put in. Of course its great when someone pays you as well he he.

So as i started out magic is a art form. And as any artist they need to practice and understand there skill. Then apply it in away to communicate message of how they feel or to aid the viewers understanding. In is this type of filed we also need to entertain up lift and have a laugh.

I just love sharing my magic with any one be it a crowd that as paid for tickets or a waitress in a café. I don't want to interfere or change what's going on around me I just like to bring a bit of refill and reflect it all with a bit of puzzlement and wonder.